Resources for Notaries
Laura has distilled years of experience into training that will help you grow your business. Subjects covered include Adoptions, Trusts/Living Wills, Loan Signings, Facilities, and general notary business growth. Video, Video Calls, or live in-person courses are available to you. Laura is also available for one-on-one ongoing coaching and mentoring, which you can purchase annually.
Here are just a few samples of what’s available:
“…what has been especially valuable since taking the class is her availability for follow-up questions! Laura loves what she’s doing and is dedicated to helping us “newbies” get up on our feet.”
Contact Laura for personalized training/coaching.
- CA Notary 101—You passed your state exam and now you are ready to notarize—or are you? Using real documents, we will go over quick ways of identifying CA wording, easy way to tell the difference between an acknowledgment and jurat, cover out-of-state certificates and time-saving journal entries.
- Mobile Notary Biz—Take your notary services on the road and provide what in-office notaries cannot. Learn how to market yourself and be easily found. These cost effective signings are typically quick, require no extra equipment, and are paid on the spot.
- NSA Assignments—At the Table—You are now certified as an NSA and you are still uncertain about what happens at the table, such as starting the conversation and presenting documents. Most importantly, how to get the assignments. Learn this and more using a mock loan signing session.
- Facility Assignments—This specialty doesn’t require certification, but does require knowledge about working in these special environments. Learn how to find this kind of work, with emphasis on how to get past the gatekeeper at healthcare, jails, and other institutions.
- Trust Assignments—Looking for that next big thing? Try handling trust assignments, with and without attorneys. Many of the same NSA skills are used when you deliver a trust at someone’s home or office. Work with trust documents and get tips on how you can make connections in the legal industry.
Workshops are scheduled for mobile and signing agent notaries. Join the Meetup.com Mobile Notaries group to receive Notifications for each new workshop or go to Facebook.com/AtYourSerivceMobileNotary for announcements. Advanced notary topics are covered in these workshops and they are held typically in Modesto CA. However there are several that will be held in the Sacramento and Fresno areas.
- Creating a Successful Mobile Notary Business, from the Notary Bulletin.
- Ensuring Successful Notarizations For Hospital And Rehab Patients, from the Notary Bulletin.
- Laura’s tips for preventing property fraud, from the Notary Bulletin.
- Laura shares insights on Building Your Brand And Notary Business On A Shoestring Budget, from the Notary Bulletin.
- Laura is interviewed in Solving The Conundrum Of “Notary Identity Certification”, from the Notary Bulletin.
- “Different ways to earn money with your Notary Stamp” Laura’s appearance on Notary2Pro.com’s October 15, 2013 teleconference.
- For the National Notary Association, “Branding Your Notary Signing Agent Business”
This 60-minute webinar geared towards new Signing Agents and seasoned NSAs looking for help in growing their business will discuss the following introductory concepts and strategies:
- What branding is and why it is important for your business
- The five key things you want your brand to say about you
- Three key questions to ask yourself when creating your brand
- How to create visibility for your business brand
- For the National Notary Association, “10 Steps to a Flawless Loan Signing”
No two loan signings are the same. The loan and loan documents, borrowers, location, time and environment are all different from the signing that preceded it. In addition, each signing presents new challenges for the Signing Agent to manage. Even though each signing is unique, successful Signing Agents follow certain carefully-designed steps to bring each signing to a positive outcome. This free 60-minute webinar will train you to confidently execute a loan signing using a step-by-step process you can apply to every loan signing you perform.